Whether your racing or completing your first charity event understanding the course you will be on is vital for your mental preparation.
Here are some really good tips to doing a recon of your event course
- Ride the course or part of the course – for example you might ride some of the hills on the course
- If you are racing, know where the finish line is. Many a racing cyclist gets caught out near the finish because they don’t know exactly where it is and find themselves in a terrible position for the sprint
- Ride the course or part of it on your own to stop distractions from others
- If there is a part of the course, for example a tight corner near the finish that you just can’t get, repeat it till you do
- If you can’t get out on the course, use google earth where you can check the terrain and profile
Photos Thanks To: Hans / Pixabay